Friday 8 December 2017

Feet on seats

Apologies for the lack of posts - everyone has been really good recently with keeping the rules!

I realised yesterday that I don’t have a rule about feet on seats. What prompted me to realise this? A video shared on the Dartford Rail Travellers Group on Facebook. 

Although, as is the case with these things, the cause of the argument between the two travellers hasn’t been caught on camera. But from the comments, it would appear that the woman (I can’t call her a lady for reasons which will become obvious) has her legs crossed and was touching the gentleman opposite her with her foot. Now I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t be happy with someone’s dirty shoe touching me, whether I was dressed smartly for work or in myweekend attire of jeans and jumper.  It’s not clear whether the gentleman asked her to move her foot or just moved it himself but it sent the woman into a frenzy of abuse.   The gentleman was wonderful - he didn’t get into a slanging match with her, he just laughed at her - which probably made her worse. 

She then decided to step up a gear. Not content with trying to belittle him on a crowded London bound train, she decided to place her foot on his seat, between his legs and taunt him that she was touching his balls. And still he kept calm. I’m sure at this point most men would have finally flipped. After all, he was just sitting there minding his own business and keeping Rule 15 when this all started!

I will work out a proper rule to deal with this type of situation over the next few days and post it so that we know how to respond to feet on seats. In the meantime, the story was been picked up by the Metro so you can see the video for yourselves - and see exactly why I couldn’t call her a lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment